Learn about this most ancient of sports, as you handle and fly one of our trained hawks to your glove!
Duration: 60 – 90 minutes
Group Size: Up to 25 Participants (no Observers)
Minimum Age: 5 for participants (all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
• Please be sure to refrain from wearing any real or fake fur.
• Please make sure to wear closed toe shoes.
During our Owl Encounter you’ll get up close and personal with up to five different species of Old World and New World Owls. As a result of participating in this “Hoot” of a good time, you will…
- learn about the oldest species of raptor on the planet and their important role in the environment (and in the modern sport of falconry).
- be able to highlight the three main differences between the two groups of owls in the world (Barn Owls and Typical Owls).
- learn about what makes “silent flight” possible as you witness our Owls flying up close.
- get an opportunity to handle either one of our two Barn Owls (Dr. Hoo or Quinn) or our Eurasian Eagle Owl (Henson) for a unique, and one-of-a-kind, photo opportunity.